The wiki activity module enables participants to add and edit a collection of web pages. A wiki can be collaborative, with everyone being able to edit it, or individual, where everyone has their own wiki which only they can edit.
A history of previous versions of each page in the wiki is kept, listing the edits made by each participant.
Wikis have many uses, such as
- For group lecture notes or study guides
- For members of a faculty to plan a scheme of work or meeting agenda together
- For students to collaboratively author an online book, creating content on a topic set by their tutor
- For collaborative storytelling or poetry creation, where each participant writes a line or verse
- As a personal journal for examination notes or revision (using an individual wiki)